Ready-to-go kits containing ten or more copies of a recent title are available to book clubs registered with the SDG Library. Loan periods for Book Club Kits are conveniently set to 6 weeks to give clubs enough time to distribute, read, discuss, and collect all the individual book copies of a kit.
A current listing of our Book Club Kits can be found below:
How Does This Work?
- A Book club will need to select a member to be the club leader who will be registered for a special Book Club library membership card at their local branch.
- The leader will contact a local branch and place a request for the club's chosen title and provide the date it's needed. For best results, please provide at least 3-4 weeks' notice.
- The Kit should arrive for pickup at the requested branch a few days in advance of the needed date, and the club leader notified either by email or phone.
- The club leader will check out the entire kit, and distribute the included books to each club member as is seen fit using the included tracking sheet. Many clubs have found it easy to hold their meetings at the library to more easily distribute the books.
- Once the club is finished with the kit, the club leader should collect all copies of the included books and return the complete kit to the branch. The Kit must be complete and in good order when returning it, so please double-check the contents.
If you have any questions about either joining or starting a book club, please contact your local branch for further assistance.