Welcome Back to Your Library!
Starting Monday, July 20, limited access to SDG Library branches will be available at Alexandria, Crysler, Ingleside, Lancaster, Morrisburg and Winchester Branches. In branch service is available in addition to our curbside pick-up. See below for hours and procedures.
How It Works
What to Expect When Visiting
Initially, our in branch services will be restricted to holds pick-up and basic general reference assistance. As well, our 'Library of Things' collection, which includes a variety of musical instruments and the WiFi 'hotspots', will be available for loan. Additional services and resources will be available as we are able to safely offer them.
The safety of our staff and the public is very important to us. Here is what we require when visiting any of the branches of the SDG Library:
- Members of the public and staff must wear face coverings as outlined in the EOHU Directive on mandatory mask use in public spaces.
- Sanitize your hands upon entering the building.
- Maintain physical distancing when possible (6ft).
- Respect the time limits (15 minutes per person).
- Limit the number of visitors entering the branch (ideally, one adult per family). Children should not enter the branch unless absolutely necessary and accompanied by a parent/caregiver.
- Limit the number of touch points.
- Cooperate with all requests from staff.
Unfortunately, at this time the following services/resources are not available:
- Browsing the shelves for items.
- Sitting areas.
For the health and safety of both staff and patrons, staff will be unable to take returns from you directly. Items can be returned in book return bins or in the totes provided at curbside pick-up.
Hours of Operation