What Services are Currently Available at the Library
All branches are now open for curbside pick-up only. Please self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms before coming to the Library. If you’re feeling unwell or have any symptoms, please postpone your visit.
Regular hours of operation are available at all branches. Hours of operation can be found at sdglibrary.ca/current-hours-locations#branches-location.
During this time of frequent change, we encourage you to stay connected with us on social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), our website, or by contacting your local branch for the most current information and hours of operation.
Check out our re-opening plan for Steps 2 and 3!
If you’re returning items, please place them in the book returns outside the branch.
While overdue fines will not be charged during this time, it is still important to respect borrowing periods to ensure other patrons can access materials in a timely manner. Items that are overdue for 6-weeks or more will be considered lost. Borrowing privileges will be suspended and patrons will be charged to replace these items. Charges will be removed when the items are returned.
Looking for engaging activities to take part in from home? We've got a great variety of virtual programs and tutorials! Explore our current schedule of online programs at sdglibrary.ca/virtual-programs or access recorded workshops and tutorials on our YouTube channel.
And don't forget about all our online resources! We've got eBooks, eAudiobooks, eNewspapers, eMagazines, and research databases available 24/7. Access them all at sdglibrary.ca/eLibrary.
Other Services/Resources Currently Available
- Basic general reference and Library assistance.
- 'Library of Things' collection.
- Library Express - Glen Walter Express, St. Andrews Express and Dalkeith Express.
- Virtual Library support and programs.
- WiFi access outside all branches.
- Book returns at all branches.
What We're Doing to Keep You Safe
The health and safety of our staff and the public is very important to us. Our services follow all provincial and public health advice and guidelines. The following safety measures have been put in place:
- All staff have personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting procedures are in place.
- Physical distancing protocols are in place and signage is provided to guide patrons in following these protocols.
- Returned materials are quarantined before re-circulating.
- Branch capacities are limited.
Hours of Operation