Become a Member or Renew your Membership Now!
Library memberships are available free of charge to all residents and students of Stormont, Dundas, and Glengarry (excluding Cornwall). To become a member, simply present your proof of address and photo identification at any of our full service library branches in the Counties. Children and teens under the age of 16 require the permission of their parent/guardian. Membership cards expire annually and can be renewed upon payment of any outstanding late fees.
Borrowing & access privileges for the Library's collections and services:
- Books: Fiction & Non-Fiction, Large Print, Graphic Novels, Picture Books, and more.
- Audiobooks: Books-on-CD and "PlayAways" (portable audiobook format requiring headphones & batteries - great for listening on the go!).
- DVDs: Feature films, documentaries, and television series.
- Digital Content: eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, Digital Newspapers, and research databases.
- Museum passes and MUCH more!
The Library's online Public Access Catalogue is a great place to start searching for materials to borrow. Titles can be requested through the online catalogue from any of our branches and sent to your branch of choice for pickup, with notification provided either by email or by phone.
A library membership card also grants admission to Programs & Events, such as:
- Children's Story Time
- Lego Clubs
- Author visits
- Scrabble and game nights
- Book Club meeting nights
- Annual Summer Reading Club
- Knitting club meet-ups
- MUCH more! See our current Navigator newsletter for upcoming programs and events.
Most library services are provided free of charge, though borrowed materials, with the exception of our Children's materials (J), returned after the due date will incur late fees. The full Fines & Fees list can be found here.