Read, Listen, Watch: Newspaper & Magazines
Occasionally, PressReade requires you to fully sign out of your account and then sign back in. This should remove the "pay" and "subscribe" options, as with your library card you should not be charged anything.
Full-issue, full-colour newspapers are made available online on publication day, and most titles include back issues. Over 7000 newspapers & magazines in more than 60 languages can be viewed on computers, tablets, and smartphones.
Some titles are only available while visiting an SDG Library Branch (i.e. The Globe and Mail); however, the majority of publications are available anywhere.
You can access PressReader through the app or through your web browser. To access PressReader through a web browser, follow these steps.
- Click the "Sign In" button near the top-right of the screen.
- Click the "Library and Group" button.
- Select or search for "SDG Library" from the list.
- Enter your full library barcode (no spaces).
- Enter your library PIN. Your PIN is usually the last four digits of your phone number. You may be asked to register your name & email address for the first time only.
- Begin searching for newspapers and magazines using the search bar in the top-right corner, or browsing titles and accessing other functions by clicking the three horizontal lines at the top-left of the screen.
While not every title is available through Flipster, we always welcome your suggestions. Please use our 'Purchase Suggestion' system available through your SDG Library Dashboard.
Titles return to Flipster automatically after 2 weeks. To return early, tap the trash can icon on the cover image.
Printing is only available through the browser.
Titles are available instantly. No checkout limits, no holds.
Over 35 popular titles including Better Homes & Gardens, People, The Atlantic, Time, Canadian Living, Consumer Reports and more. Please login to Flipster to explore the full range of titles available.