What is the MakerLab?
Half traditional library, half creators dream, the MakerLab is a collaborative work space inside the SDG Library system for making, learning, exploring and sharing that uses high tech to no tech tools.
The MakerLab, located in Finch, offers support to many of the Maker Programs across the SDG Library system, and is home to our larger equipment.
What can I do at the MakerLab?
From cardboard and building blocks, to 3D printing and laser cutting, visit the MakerLab to make all your projects come to life.
Types of things that can be done at the MakerLab:
- 3D printing (by appointment)
- Laser cutting (by appointment)
- Electronics (LittleBits)
- Robot building / Robotics (Lego Midstorms)
- Learn Circuits and Electricity
- Take-a-part sessions (as available)
The MakerLab is also home to The Library of Things.