How do I get a library card?
A free library card gets you access to thousands of books, movies, magazines, kits, games, toys, and more, 24/7 access to our digital library, and exclusive access to certain SDG Library programs and services.
Did we mention that it's totally free for all residents of SDG? We want you to use your card to take advantage of all of the resources that we have to offer.
What are you waiting for?
At SDG Library, you can:
- Sign up for a free library card and open up a world of adventure for you and your family!
- Browse the shelves at any of our 15 branches and bring home books, movies, kits, and more (just don't forget to bring them back so others can borrow them too!).
- Book a Tech Help session to enhance your skills on your computer, tablet, ereader, or other device.
- Access our online library any time of day -- so when you find yourself awake at 3 a.m. and unable to fall back asleep, you can download an eBook or eAudiobook with the click of a button!
- Learn something new and meet new people in our community by joining us for one of our many upcoming events for all ages.
- Request items from other libraries, across the province through inter-library loans.
- It's true: Our full collection of materials, online resources, and (almost all) programs are completely free. What other place gives you so much with no cost to you?
Membership & Borrowing FAQs
Library memberships are available free of charge to all residents and students of Stormont, Dundas, and Glengarry (excluding Cornwall). To become a member, simply present your proof of address and photo identification at any of our full service library branches in the Counties. Children and teens under the age of 16 require the permission of their parent/guardian. Membership cards expire annually and can be renewed upon payment of any outstanding late fees.
Interlibrary Loan is a service through which the SDG Library patrons can borrow materials not available at our library from other libraries in the province to meet the information needs of the community.
Using Zportal, the patron interface to INFO Ontario’s interlibrary loan network, library patrons can place their own Interlibrary Loan requests anytime from anywhere. You will need to speak to library staff to register you for this service and once registered you will be provided with a user ID and password.
Please see the User Guide to learn how to place your own requests for interlibrary loan items.
To renew your card in person:
Visit us at any SDG library branch with your library card or photo ID with a current SDG address.
To renew your card online:
Complete the following form. Please note all outstanding fines and fees must be paid in full before your library card can be renewed.